Thursday, November 14, 2013

Child Art - Painting on White Board

Eight year old's painting on white board

What do you feel when you look at this painting ? What style will an art critic categorise this in ? What is the medium ? Don't worry, I am not going to ask these questions or answer these questions. Just wanted to share a painting done by an eight year old girl, my little daughter.

This is a painting which she made on white board using paint and paintbrushes. Sometimes, she gets into the mood of painting and just creates something on her white-board, not on paper. I click some photographs and keep. I have given her drawing sheets and notebooks, but I things she prefers her white-board as a canvas and then wipes it clean after a day or two. her first canvas was the wall of our living room where she had started scribbling and drawing when she was one. Then we had bought a white board for her, to write on to learn alphabets and spellings, and of course to draw and scribble as much as she wanted.

My last two posts also showcased child art, some creations of my eight year old daughter, play dough / clay creations (flowers, burger, candle) and a multicolour caterpillar. Very often, child art can be quite fascinating as well as inspiring for us adults.

No comments: