Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Pandit Ravi Shankar's Mermerising Music Compositions

One of my favourite music these days is Pandit Ravi Shankar's Tarana. I find it just amazing and can listen to it any time and innumerable times. I also listen to this during working or writing. Mersmerising!



Another one is Shanti-Mantra by Pandit Ravi Shankar which I like to listen a lot, specially at the beginning of the day. Another amazing and mesmerising music composition.



After these two, I listen to a lot of other albums and compositions by the Sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar , his daughter Anoushka Shankar and other Indian classical musicians.

As a child, I was introduced to Indian Classical Music (Vocal), along with Rabindra Sangeet and Nazrul Geeti by my Bengali music teacher who used to come home to teach me and my siblings. I always had the interest, however, over the years, classical music for me had receded in the background. Thanks to these compositions, my interest in classical music has revived and I actively listen to Indian Classic Music, both vocal and instrumental, and enjoy it.

No comments: