Thursday, October 02, 2014

Drawing with Mix Media: Dawn

There are days when  wanted to draw and paint, but did not get enough time. Working with wet mediums required more time and space, so I decided I will re-start sketching, doodling, scribbling, or just anything to be regular with drawing and painting. And I started working with dry mediums like pen, pencil, pencil colours. etc.

Title: Dawn  |   Medium: Mix media on paper   |    Size: A3
© Seema Kumar    |    www.seemakumar.in

Here is a photo of one of those drawings which I titled as Dawn. with mix media on paper, A3 size. I started with black ink pen and later included colour pencils, some of my favourite dry mediums.

I believe that art is self expression that can be interpreted differently by different people, and does not need an explanatory note However, I wrote a note for this one as it was required for an exhibition entry. Here is the note:
Dawn is calm, cool, meditative. But beyond the calm surface, there are millions of waves and colours radiating from the eternal light source, the life giving force, even though it is not visible. The invisible waves and colours have been expressed in this work. 

Do let me know your feedback and comments for my work.

© Seema Kumar    |    www.seemakumar.in

No comments: