"Progress in life, business, or any project comes through taking initiative and continuing to press on with new strategies, concepts and plans. The original momentun isn't enough to keep you moving forward. Your progress will grind to a halt unless you refill your engine of inspiration with the fuel of fresh ideas."
Thursday, October 01, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
When I had joined IAM as Assistant Professor, I had thought I would get a lot of time to read and write and I would also be able to update my blog regularly. Contrary to that I have hardly been able to update my blog in the last one year or more. Not that I have not been able to read and write. I have read a lot, and written a lot of lectures and prepared presentations for my lectures for Apparel Merchandising, Fashion Forecasting and Product Development, Fabric Knowledge of Knits and even Design Drawing and Illustration. I have learned a lot in the process and also enjoyed while learning.
However, my writing and updating for my blog has been quite limited, rather quite negligible. Had the 'Writer's Block' effected me or I had just been too busy with other roles and responsibilities ? Whatever the cause may be, today I decided to start writing and updating my blog regularly. Whatever topic may be, I have to just be active and find time to continue writing even in my busy schedule... and instead of procastinating, I am starting today itself :)
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Institute of Apparel Management (IAM) promoted by AEPC Society for Human Resource Development under the aegis of Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) is an industry driven institution offering professional programmes with sector specific and industry driven careers in the fast growing apparel industry. The college was established to meet the industry requirement for trained managers and design professionals, with a broad base of applied and management skills typical of the apparel business.
The workshops have been developed keeping in mind the following :
- There is need for effective and focused training and development in a dynamic business environment.
- Regeneration and up-gradation of management and design skills is required to meet changing business and market needs.
- With the expansion of different sectors of the consumer goods and lifestyle products industry there is a need for professionals with in-depth and broad base of knowledge.
- Shorter shelf life of lifestyle products requires innovative, pre-emptive and pro-active management styles to maximize business potential.
- To be at par globally with international developments, businesses or the managers in fashion trade today need to continuously improve themselves through workshops and training programmes for their employees.
Industry Programmes and Workshops being offered by IAM is structured to address the current and emerging need of the industry to upgrade and train professionals who are already a part of the industry, working at different levels.
These workshops are for short duration. The participants shall be awarded a certificate from IAM on completion of the workshop.
One of the recent workshops in which I am teaching as Co-faculty is 002-Fashion Figure Drawing & Fashion Illustration
More information is available on www.iamindia.in or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, March 28, 2009
This year I visited this fair as a Faculty along with the students of IAM and got to take a lot of photographs. Here are some of them.. for a glimpse of the fair.